Boosting Goal Achievement: Put Your Back into Achieving
Having back pains can make it very difficult to put your back into achieving your goals. Boosting goal achievement is not so easy when you constantly have a nagging pain. You may not be able to stay focused on achieving and overcoming challenges. It can interfere with free flowing thoughts and movements that will connect you to getting the results you desire in life. Having gone through time when I suffered from back pain, I realize how having those pains can take your focus off being your best. If back pain is preventing you from being your best, be sure to visit your doctor. In the meantime, here are some of the things I did it to put things back in order:
- I went to a chiropractor. They have a more holistic approach and less likely to prescribe unnecessary medication.
- I started practicing yoga to strengthen my back muscles. Increasing my flexibility helped my entire body.
- I increase my meditation time and practiced deep breathing to reduce stress.
- I would take short walks more often throughout the day. Doing this made my back feel much better. I set the alarm on my cell phone to chime every hour which reminded me to get up an move.
- I paid more attention to some of the foods I was eating. I ate foods that fought pain causing inflammation. I used olive oil, ate salmon, various nuts, and lots of leafy green vegetables.
Back pain not only affects your physical health, I discovered that it can affect your mental health. It was difficult to focus and complain daily projects in a timely manner. If you are having problems building the quality life that you deserve and your back is the problem, be sure to call your doctor. My chiropractor used techniques that put me on the right track to having a healthy back. If you’re going to achieve with excellence, you must work to get your body as strong as you possibly can. It’s the machine that keeps you going.
Pat Council is a Speaker, Business Consultant and Goal Achievement Strategist who teaches people across the world strategies for taking take their visions of achievement and success from being a thought to making them a reality. She is the author of several books to include her newest book Start Winning – How to Achieve Like the Top 8 Percent. She is the host of the popular podcast, Designing Your Life Today.